Do you know your cholesterol number? High cholesterol is one of the major controllable factors for coronary heart disease, which is the number one cause of death for women. It is very IMPORTANT to know your cholesterol number.
I am grateful that my husband's insurance covers our yearly cholesterol screenings. I am also thankful that our cholesterol is "impressively" low, according to our screeners (- I think it's because we eat a lot of fiber-rich foods (including Cheerios!) & use olive oil as our main cooking oil).
Sadly, there are many who are unable to receive cholesterol screenings due to limited access to adequate health care.
WONDERING HOW YOU CAN HELP?
Look for codes inside specially marked boxes of Cheerios cereal & enter them @ www.cheerioshelpinghearts.com. Now through January 31, 2010, for every code entered, Cheerios will donate $1, up to $200,000, to raise awareness for heart disease and provide free cholesterol screenings for women in need, through its partnership with WomenHeart.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To raise our awareness about heart disease, Cheerios is also sponsoring a Pearl Bracelet giveaway at my blog!
Each of 3 lucky winners will have a chance to get a freshwater pearl bracelet with a heart charm from Charity Charms. By wearing the charm bracelet, you can show your dedication to raising awareness of women's heart health.
1. Please leave comments on what you do to maintain a Healthy Heart.
2. Earn extra chances to win the giveaway by doing any of the following (please add an additional comment for each action you took) - If you've already done any of them before entering this giveaway, please add additional comments, they count too.
* Follow or Subscribe to my blog (RSS or E-mail)
* Follow me on Twitter
* Tweet about this Giveaway
* Write about this Giveaway on your Blog
* Grab my blog Button (Right Column) and link back to me from your blog
Please enter by Monday, April 5, 2009 (Midnight, Hawaii Time). I will select a winner by using RANDOM.ORG.
*** I'm sorry, but US residents only. ***
*** I am not responsible for any lost prizes. The sponsor is not responsible for damaged items. ***
*** Once you get the prize, I am also not responsible for any injury, damages or losses that come from using it. I am not responsible for illegal, lost or any other fees that incur after the prize has been accepted.***
2 hours ago