* Obviously, I made too much for two people.... This is a great dish to prepare when you have some vegetables left in a fridge and also a delicious way to take your daily recommended dose of veggies.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 15 mins.
1/4 Small Cabbage, shredded
3 oz. Bean Sprouts
1 Green Bell Pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
1 Carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
1 Garlic Clove, thinly sliced
5 oz. Beef (any, except ground beef), thinly sliced diagonally (across the grain) * Easier, when the beef is slightly frozen.
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Corn/potato starch
~ A ~
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Soy sauce
1 tsp. Oyster sauce
1 tsp. Corn/potato starch
1 tbsp. Cooking wine (preferably sake, if not, white wine is OK)
2 tbsp. Water
1. Salt and lightly coat the beef w/ 2 tsp of corn/potato starch.
2. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients listed under ~A~. (hereafter "~A~ ingredients")
3. In a large skillet (or wok, if you have one), heat 1 tbsp. of oil over high heat. Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant. Cook the beef until browned. Transfer to a plate.
4. In the same skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp. of oil over medium high heat. Add the carrot, green pepper, bean sprout, cabbage in that order. Cook until softened.
5. Return the beef into the skillet. Add the ~A~ ingredient. Cook, tossing, until heated through about 30 sec.. Serve.
2 hours ago